The G.I. Joe Collector’s Club reveals another preview from FSS 7. Look up– it’s General Hawk!
G.I. JOE COMMANDER
Code Name: GENERAL HAWK
(Inspired by the 1991 action figure.)
Includes: removable helmet, harness with holster,
pistol, rifle, glider backpack with pop-out wings,
detachable rockets x 2, and figure stand.
Holy cow – it’s the DiC era 1991 General Hawk and he’s looking pretty good!
I like the reuse of the helmet and the backpack from the 2011 Pursuit of Cobra Skydive. Aside from the 2016 Sky Patrol convention set, these parts haven’t seen an excessive number of reuses. The Retaliation Cobra Trooper web gear is a pretty decent match for the original 1991 tooling and the colors look pretty spot-on. During last week’s Just Another G.I. Joe Show, I had pegged this figure as a “maybe”, depending on how the preview turned out. As of now, he’s just shot up to a “Yes, please!”
Now, the real question is: whose head is underneath that helmet? Hopefully the Club will use the 25th General Hawk noggin to keep the character’s appearance consistent. Otherwise, I could see the Resolute boxed set Duke head as a viable alternative.
Either way– I’m digging this build!
For those who are keeping score, here’s the roster of FSS 7:
- Arctic Cobra Commander – based on the cancelled two-pack version
- Budo – G.I. Joe Samurai
- Crystal Ball – Cobra Hypnotist
- Dreadnok Salvage Crew – Code name: Dreadnok Kaos
- Dusty & Sandstorm (v3) – DiC era Desert Trooper and coyote
- General Hawk (1991) – DiC era jet pack version
- Ice Viper Officer – based on the Club’s Flaming Moth version
- Kangor – International repaint of Big Boa
- Stalker (Tundra Ranger) – DiC era cold weather version with kayak
- Treadmark (aka Skidmark) – the Desert Fox driver returns
- Tiger Force Kim “Jinx” Arashikage – based on the 2003 six-pack version
- Tomax – inspired by the Shattered Glass/Sunbow look
The FSS 7 page is LIVE now! The cost of the thirteen figure set (including the bonus piece) is $375.00 plus shipping. Place your order prior to December 4, 2017 and keep your eyes peeled to GIJoeClub.com for more previews.