Another FSS 7 preview today before the Thanksgiving holiday: the Ice Viper Officer!
COBRA ARCTIC TRANSPORT OFFICER
Code Name: ICE VIPER OFFICER
(Inspired by the 2007 action figure.)
Includes: removable helmet, goggles, harness,
radio, rifle, sais x 2, boot cleats, and figure stand.
So, there he is– the FSS 7 Ice Viper Officer.
He’s pretty much exactly what this Joe fan expected: an updated version of the 2007 Collector’s Club exclusive “Flaming MOTH” Cobra Arctic Technician figure. The design of that exclusive has been updated pretty much 100% to the current style of construction.
He’s not a bad figure design. In fact, his deco is rather nice. It just so happens, however, that he is probably the least interesting figure is this entire line-up to this site admin. This has nothing to do with the figure itself but rather the concept of the figure. With all of the characters still remaining that could use an update, I just find it hard to get excited about an officer that I never really felt I needed.
Still, not every figure in this way was destined to be Crystal Ball or ’91 Hawk. In every race, someone has to come in last. In my case, it’s this guy. Nothing to do with the build– just my own personal lack of interest in the character. You could almost say that this figure leaves me cold. Your mileage may vary.
For those who are keeping score, here’s the roster of FSS 7:
- Arctic Cobra Commander – based on the cancelled two-pack version
- Budo – G.I. Joe Samurai
- Crystal Ball – Cobra Hypnotist
- Dreadnok Salvage Crew – Code name: Dreadnok Kaos
- Dusty & Sandstorm (v3) – DiC era Desert Trooper and coyote
- General Hawk (1991) – DiC era jet pack version
- Ice Viper Officer – based on the Club’s Flaming Moth version
- Kangor – International repaint of Big Boa
- Stalker (Tundra Ranger) – DiC era cold weather version with kayak
- Treadmark (aka Skidmark) – the Desert Fox driver returns
- Tiger Force Kim “Jinx” Arashikage – based on the 2003 six-pack version
- Tomax – inspired by the Shattered Glass/Sunbow look
The FSS 7 page is LIVE now and accepting subscriptions! The cost of the thirteen figure set (including the bonus piece) is $375.00 plus shipping. Place your order prior to December 4, 2017 and keep your eyes peeled to GIJoeClub.com for more previews.