The G.I. Joe FSS 5 previews have started with a first-look at Charbroil!
Here’s the details from the Club:
G.I. JOE FLAMETHROWER: CHARBROIL
(Based on the classic 1988 action figure!)
Includes: removable helmet, flamethrower, flamethrower tanks backpack
with connection hose, flame burst attachment, pistol, and figure stand.
NOTE: All images are Photoshop representations, final product, accessories and/or colors may vary!
This one pretty much a no-brainer for the G.I. Joe Collector’s Club to release in G.I. Joe FSS 5. Essentially, Charbroil is the same build as his previous 2013 Nocturnal Fire version, simply rendered in his original 1988 color scheme. The Club took a similar approach with their FSS releases of Repeater, Muskrat, Hit & Run, Spearhead & Max, and Psyche-Out back in FSS 3. Interestingly enough, I could have sworn that it was mentioned that at the 2016 Collector’s Club Roundtable at Joe Con that his helmet would NOT be removable so this is a nice surprise.
There’s still no word on when the sign-up period for G.I. Joe FSS 5 will be begin but now that the floodgates have opened for reveals we have to anticipate it being sooner rather than later.
The G.I. Joe FSS 5 Roster:
- Concealment Specialist – Ambush
- Flamethrower – Charbroil (Classic deco)
- Iron Grenadier Courier – Darklon (more modernized version than previous convention version)
- G.I. Joe Strategic Commander – General Flagg (similar to Battle Corps version)
- Cobra Battle Corps Cobra Viper – based on Iron Anvils from 2015 Convention version
- Anti-Armor Trooper – Salvo (more Pursuit of Cobra styled, based on existing tooling)
- Combat Journalist – Scoop (using the Sky Patrol Airborne head sculpt from this year’s con set)
- Cobra Falconer – Raptor
- Advanced Recon – Sneak Peek (based on FSS 4 Tiger Force version)
- SKAR Infantry Officer – Steel Raven (based on Club magazine comics – FEMALE character)
- Cobra Shattered Glass Xamot (from the Club Comic Adventure Team storyline with new head sculpt)
- Z-Force Mechanic Gaucho (pairs with Jammer)
For more information, keep your eyes peeled to both JBL and GIJoeClub.com!