Let’s be honest– the G.I. Joe FSS 5 Salvo preview went over with the fandom like G.I. Joe Extreme. The fandom was nearly-unanimous in its condemnation of the sub-bar design and took the G.I. Joe Collector’s Club forums to make their collective voice heard.
Thankfully, it appears that the folks at the Club have listened. This afternoon, the G.I. Joe Collector’s Club released this updated image and information:
Let’s be honest– the first Salvo build was, well, awful. Under-sized and uninspired, it took the concept of “good enough” design to a new low. For this version, the Club pretty much went with the fandom’s suggestion of a straight repaint of the Retaliation Roadblock build— and it looks MILES better! Just take a look at a quick side-by-side comparison:
Yes, there’s no guarantee that the new build will be approved for use by Hasbro BUT the Club must be pretty confident of the odds if they released this image to an already unhappy fandom. To this Joe fan’s eyes– there is NO comparison. The version on the right is the clearly superior build both in terms of size and with regard the lettering found on the t-shirt.
Now, let’s just wait until we have confirmation that this WILL be the official G.I. Joe FSS 5 Salvo build!
To subscribe to the FSS, head on over to GIJoeClub.com and stay tuned to JBL for more G.I. Joe FSS 5 news!
The G.I. Joe FSS 5 Roster:
- Concealment Specialist – Ambush
- Flamethrower – Charbroil (Classic deco)
- Iron Grenadier Courier – Darklon (more modernized version than previous convention version)
- G.I. Joe Strategic Commander – General Flagg (similar to Battle Corps version)
- Cobra Battle Corps Cobra Viper – based on Iron Anvils from 2015 Convention version
- Anti-Armor Trooper – Salvo (more Pursuit of Cobra styled, based on existing tooling)
- Combat Journalist – Scoop (using the Sky Patrol Airborne head sculpt from this year’s con set)
- Cobra Falconer – Raptor
- Advanced Recon – Sneak Peek (based on FSS 4 Tiger Force version)
- SKAR Infantry Officer – Steel Raven (based on Club magazine comics – FEMALE character)
- Cobra Shattered Glass Xamot (from the Club Comic Adventure Team storyline with new head sculpt)
- Z-Force Mechanic Gaucho (pairs with Jammer)