The G.I. Joe FSS 5 previews continue with a look at the anti-armor specialist Salvo!
G.I. JOE ANTI-ARMOR TROOPER: SALVO
(Based on the classic 1990 action figure!)
Includes: removable helmet, rocket launcher with projectile, weapons case, pistol, and figure stand.
NOTE: All images are Photoshop representations, final product, accessories and/or colors may vary!
Hmm… not at all what I was expecting. Not at all. When Salvo was first announced I figured that the Club would favor the G.I. Joe Retaliation Roadblock body given the character’s apparent size as well the nature of the gear he toted. The original 1990 figure was equipped with a MASSIVE missile launcher as was the later DTC Salvo figure. Instead I’m seeing the legs that were used for the Resolute Duke action figure and, well, an upper torso that seems to lack the muscle mass of ALL of the previous releases.
And then there’s the helmet, which is a reuse of the head protection that was included with the Pursuit of Cobra Sci-Fi.
Again, not at all what I expected and, even though I’ll take a lot of flak for this, not at all in keeping with the character’s previous releases. Of all of the G.I. Joe FSS 5 reveals thus far I find this one to be the most disappointing in terms of build. (There are folks out there who will say that I’m nitpicking and that I should just be happy that we’re getting something but I prefer quality over quantity.)
After yesterday’s reveal of Gaucho and now Salvo, I’m not nearly as excited about this roster as I once was.
To subscribe to the FSS, head on over to GIJoeClub.com and JBL for more G.I. Joe FSS 5 reveals and news!
The G.I. Joe FSS 5 Roster:
- Concealment Specialist – Ambush
- Flamethrower – Charbroil (Classic deco)
- Iron Grenadier Courier – Darklon (more modernized version than previous convention version)
- G.I. Joe Strategic Commander – General Flagg (similar to Battle Corps version)
- Cobra Battle Corps Cobra Viper – based on Iron Anvils from 2015 Convention version
- Anti-Armor Trooper – Salvo (more Pursuit of Cobra styled, based on existing tooling)
- Combat Journalist – Scoop (using the Sky Patrol Airborne head sculpt from this year’s con set)
- Cobra Falconer – Raptor
- Advanced Recon – Sneak Peek (based on FSS 4 Tiger Force version)
- SKAR Infantry Officer – Steel Raven (based on Club magazine comics – FEMALE character)
- Cobra Shattered Glass Xamot (from the Club Comic Adventure Team storyline with new head sculpt)
- Z-Force Mechanic Gaucho (pairs with Jammer)
There is virtually no new tooling involved used in this production. Salvo is a major disappointment.
I can’t disagree with you. At all.