G.I.Joe Canada's Elite

Have a story to tell about G.I. Joe? Post it here!

Re: G.I.Joe Canada's Elite

Postby Lt Storm » April 19th, 2017, 12:59 pm

Chapter 4.5 – Revealed

The entire Canada’s Elite team assembles in the main briefing room. They talk amongst themselves unsure of what is going on. None of them know that Storm has been released. The General stands at the podium watching everyone file in motioning for them to be seated. Suddenly the room is quiet, Phoenix doesn’t have to look to her right to know why, Storm has entered the room in his uniform with his wrist device and laptop. The team all look happy to see him, something that doesn’t go unnoticed by the General. She takes a seat behind the podium watching each and every one of the Canada’s Elite team.
“I’m going to get straight to the point here.” Storm begins. “I know you are all wonder why I was detained and where I went.” He smirks. “But I can’t tell you. What I can tell you is that we’ve been played from the very beginning.” Storm hooks his laptop up to the network cable under the podium which connects in a matter of seconds. He brings up images of Major Fear that display on the 3 large flat screen TV’s on the wall. “His real name is William ‘Wild Dog’ Chandler.”
“What?” Feedback blurts. “So everything he told Rebecca was true?”
“Yes, as far as we know.” Storm raises his hand as others whisper among themselves. “Insider met with Major Fear after he was first captured and he spun her a tale, one she thought was untrue. After some digging I was able to validate most of his claims.”
“How?” General Phoenix interjects.
“How else?” Storm says with a smile. “There’s more. Everything that he and his team have done up until now has all been part of some master plan. From the death of General Rowling, Pebbles, to his capture and escape. The only exception being the Liberators involvement, which did not affect his original plans and gave him easier access to the Manitoba base.
“You were stationed there Sir, what could he have been after?” Snow Squall inquires.
“We may have to go back to find out.”
Phoenix rises from her seat. “Then that is your next assignment Lieutenant Colonel. Take your field team and comb that place over from head to toe.”
“If you don’t mind I’d like to take Downlink along with me?”
“Of course, take whomever you need.” She turns her attention to the rest of the team. “I want everyone working on this, take all the information Storm has gathered and start tracking down every lead.” Phoenix looks back over at Storm. “I’d like to see you in my…our, office before you leave.”
“Certainly.” Storm nods. The two of them showing the team that they are now fully cooperating with each other. “I want my field team prepping our gear; the rest of you will receive your orders from the General.”
“Dismissed.” Phoenix adds.

Moments later Storm joins Phoenix in the base commander’s office, one that the General is willing to share with its previous occupant now.
“There is something I need to know.” Phoenix says.
“Let me guess, you are wondering how I was able to validate most of the information I have?”
“Yes.”
Storm looks over at the desk where his phoney devices still sit.
“Son of a bitch.” She smiles. “You are clever.”
“I had nothing to do with that actually. It was our team that knew I would need those.”
“I should court marshal the whole lot of you.” She jokes.
“Then you wouldn’t have anyone left to command.” Storm laughs. “It is going to get more intense from here on out. Once we figure out what Major Fear is up to he’s going to act.”
“I’m counting on that. He’s been hiding out and keeping too quiet.”
“Agreed.”
Phoenix walks over to the desk and sits down on the edge of it. “Storm, I’m sorry for how I acted when I first showed up here.”
“No need to apologize, coming into a team like this one must have been intimidating.”
“You have no idea.” Phoenix laughs. “There’s one more thing I need to tell you. Once we find Major Fear and bring him down, or cripple his Cobra faction, I will be out of your hair.”
“What?” Storm says a bit surprised.
“I know I’m far from being an old war horse but once this is over I’m planning on retiring from the military. My biological clock is ticking Storm, I want to settle down and start a family. I think that’s something we all want at one point, isn’t it?” She eye’s up Storm and slightly tips her head.
“Um, well yeah I guess it is.” Storm hands Phoenix a USB drive. “Everything I have gathered on Major Fear is on here, including Insider’s interview. Some of this information is highly classified; I had to pull every string I had to get it.”
“Let’s do this then. Let’s find out what Major Fear is up to and put a stop to it.”
“Yo Joe.” Storm says in agreement.
Phoenix smiles and chuckles a bit. “Yes, Yo Joe.”

Serpent Squad Headquarters.
Lt Graves enters the command center having taken a moment to clean himself up before appearing in front of his leader. “You asked to see me Sir?”
“Yes, how is our new recruit doing?”
“Bomb Blast? He is settling in just fine.”
“Bomb Blast? Interesting name.”
“He came up with it himself, said he wanted it to be simple.”
“There is someone else I want you to bring into our circle.” He gestures for Graves to come around to his console. On it he sees the woman Fear was watching earlier. “She has aroused my interest.”
“Who is she?”
“That doesn’t matter, she will have a new identity soon enough. Do as I ask, we will need her soon.”
“Why?”
“I’m initiating Operation Serpent Strike. It is the beginning of the end for the Canada’s Elite team. Finally Cobra Commander’s vision will be realized and my mission will come to fruition.” The Major grins as he looks up at the Cobra banners that hang from the ceiling.

The infirmary of the Canada’s Elite headquarters; where Archaic has been laid up in a coma ever since he was found. Lt Col Storm enters the room watching the man sleep. “Dammit Archaic what happened to you?” He asks out loud as he walks up the Joe’s bed. Storm places his hand on Archaic’s shoulder. “I wish you’d wake up.”
Suddenly the archaeologist’s eyes flutter and slowly open looking up at a startled Storm. He tries to speak finding his throat dry.
“I-I’ll get you some water.” Storm rushes to the nearby sink and picks up a clear plastic cup. He fills it and brings it to Archaic hitting the call button above the bed, which will alert Medic via pager. “Take it easy, nice and slow.” Storm says as he assists Archaic.
Within seconds Medic is in the room nearly out of breath. She picks up Archaic’s hand checking his wrist for his pulse and timing her watch. She then checks over the equipment hooked up to him reading everything over.
“Well?” Storm asks.
“Pulse is strong, brain activity normal, respiration is still a little laboured it seems but that could be him gulping down the water.” She laughs. “What did you do?”
“Nothing, I just told him I wished he’d wake up and…well he woke up.” Storm looks down at Archaic who has laid his head back down. “How are you?”
“I…don’t…” His voice is raspy from not having spoken since he was taken from the Serpent Squad base. “God…Storm…” Archaic’s eyes well up.
“It’s okay, take your time.”
Medic pulls a chair up next to the bed and holds onto the Joe’s hand. “It’s okay Matt, you are safe now. Whatever they did to you we’ll help you through it.”
“M-my parents…my brother…he killed them.”
Storm and Medic look at each other wide eyed and in disbelief.
Lt Storm
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Lt Storm » July 3rd, 2017, 1:01 pm

GIJOECANADASELITE29.jpg

Chapter 1.1 – Family Troubles

Canada’s Elite Headquarters, the infirmary, where Archaic has just woken from his coma. General Phoenix walks briskly down the halls to debrief him but is stopped by Hotwire who blocks entry to the room. “Out of my way.”
“Ma’am I’m sorry but you can’t go in there right now.”
“Excuse me? Why not?”
“I don’t know, Medic requested that no one else be allowed in.” Hotwire says.
“No one else, who’s in there?”
“Storm. Apparently he woke Archaic up.”
“How?”
“I don’t know that either, we just have to wait until Medic gives the okay.”
Phoenix notices the emotion in Hotwire’s eyes. “You’re not as tough as you come off are you?”
“What?”
“I can see it, you are worried. Something is telling you there is more going on here.”
Hotwire looks away from the General, a bit embarrassed that the red haired woman has seen through her. “I just hope he’s okay that’s all.”
“Of course.” Phoenix places her hand on Hotwire’s shoulder. “Have Medic report to me the second she comes out.”
“Yes Ma’am.” Hotwire nods.

Inside both Medic and Storm sit in silence, unsure of what to say after Archaic’s reveal about his parents murder.
“How?” Storm asks. “They were supposed to be in protective custody.”
“What?” Medic blurts out not knowing that bit of information.
“My brother, he…” Archaic chokes.
“Michael, also known as Dune, my field team had a run in with him.” Lt Col Storm explains. “He was discharged from the military then went AWOL. As a precaution, because of Dune’s psychiatric evaluation, their parents were placed into protective custody.”
Archaic looks up at Storm. “You’ve run into him?”
“Yes. He was with Anaconda, attempting to blow up one of Rattlesnake’s labs.”
“He hates me.” The Joe closes his eyes as tears run down his face. “He blames me for everything, he hated our parents.”
Storm kneels down next to the bed placing his hand on Archaic’s shoulder. “Why?”
“He…we, had a brother, his twin who died. Our parents were distraught over it and when I was born they gave me my dead brother’s name.”
“Oh my god.” Medic gasps.
“They shipped Michael off to private school, I never saw him much. He was always getting into trouble. I…I used to look up to him as a kid. As I got older…we just didn’t speak much, but I never knew he hated me or our parents so much.”
“None of this is your fault.” Medic says squeezing Archaic’s hand.
“It’s worse.” He takes in a deep breath. “He showed me pictures of our parents murder to prove he killed them.”
“My god.” Medic gasps again lowering her head down to hide her tears.
Storm swallows hard wishing now that he took the opportunity to kill Dune. “He did this to you didn’t he, beat you?” Storm doesn’t need an answer to know. “He’ll pay for this Matthew, I promise you that.”
“About Rattlesnake…”
“He’s back with the Squad, we ran into him as well. Anything else can wait for now. Get some rest.” Storm exits the room running into Hotwire. “He’s…okay.”
“You hesitated, why did you hesitate?” Hotwire looks deep into Storm’s eyes. She can tell he knows something; he is distracted by his emotions which he’s trying to keep bottled up.
“He’s been through a traumatic experience; Medic will need some time with him.”
“What happened? And if you dare say I can’t tell you I will go grab my channel locks and crush your nuts.”
“You have a personal connection to him don’t you?”
Hotwire looks at Storm surprised by his question. “How’d you know?”
“I didn’t, I could just tell by the way you are showing so much concern for him.”
“I knew him when he was younger; I was friends with his brothers before he was born. I saw how badly it tore his parents apart when they lost one of their sons. His mother was in and out of psychiatric treatment. A few years later when Matthew was born it was like all that pain went away. I think they believed it was their dead son coming back to them. I used to babysit Matthew when he was just a baby, then my dad got transferred and we had to move. I doubt he even remembers that.”
Storm looks at Hotwire with an expression of concern. “Come with me.”

At the Serpent Squad Headquarters’ Lt Graves makes his way to the trooper’s quarters. He was instructed to bring one of them into the high command, without any more of an explanation. Graves opens the door tapping lightly as he enters finding the woman just having dropped her towel. “Oh, I’m sorry…” The room has several bunk beds along one wall and a sitting area on the other end opposite the beds.
“Why?” The woman looks over her shoulder at him with a playful smile as she continues to dress. “What can I help you with Sir?”
“Major Fear would like to see you.”
“Oh, well I better hurry now shouldn’t I?” The woman quickly pulls on her uniform, tossing about her still damp brown hair. Within moments she walks by Lt Graves giving him a wink and a smile. “Shall we?”

Storm and Hotwire stand in the base commander’s office, his former office which Phoenix now uses.
“You sure it is safe to talk in here?” Hotwire inquires.
“Yes.” Storm walks over to the computer on the desk and brings up a file then turns the screen towards Hotwire.
“Oh my god…that’s Michael.”
“Also known as Dune of the Serpent Squad.”
“What?”
“My team encountered him at one of Rattlesnake’s labs. He is the one who put Matthew in a coma and he killed their parents.”
Hotwire sits down in one of the chairs in front of the office desk. “What?”
“Dune is sick Hotwire; he blames his brother for his rough life.”
“No…” Hotwire is overcome with emotion, her face going pale.
“Are you okay?” Storm rushes to her side kneeling down next to her. “Hotwire, what is it?”
“I was there the day Matthew…Michael’s twin died. I know what happened. I...I never thought anything like this would happen.”

Serpent Squad Command Center, Graves walks in with the female trooper who receives a warm smile from Major Fear.
“Welcome.”
The female trooper salutes her commander. “Thank you Sir, though I am curious as to why you graciously summoned me.” She says charismatically.
“I’ve been watching you and reading your file.”
“I’m honoured, not every trooper makes her masters night table.” She coos.
Down in the command pit the woman catches the attention of Lady D, who looks up at the brunette glaring at her.
Fear ignores the troopers friendly flirting, continuing on. “You are experienced with edged weapons, the crossbow, sniper training, and psychology. I could use someone like you in my high command.”
This surprises Lady D, who is not impressed.
“It would be my duty to serve under you.”
“Lt Graves will assist you.”
The woman looks over at Graves with a smile. “I look forward to it.”
Fear waves them off as Lady D comes up out of the command pit. “Why her?”
“You heard her credentials.” Fear smiles. “Ah, is that jealous I detect my dear? You have nothing to worry about with her. She has eyes for another.”
“She’s a trollop.”
“She is using her feminine wiles, something women have done for centuries. She knows how to talk to men of power to gain theirs. We are a simple species, men like being flirted with and admired for their strengths. It inflates our egos and makes us easier to manipulate.”
“I still think she is a trollop. She reminds me of that disgusting Nightingale woman.”
“Not all can be as perfect as you.” Fear runs his hand along Lady D’s long black hair. “You are what every woman should aspire for. Strong, powerful, beautiful.” His words filling her with a feeling of superiority, doing exactly what the trooper had attempted to do with him.
Lt Storm
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Lt Storm » August 12th, 2017, 6:05 pm

Chapter 1.2 – Children of Yesterday

For the first time since she has joined the Canada’s Elite team Lt Col Storm sees Hotwire break down. She had just revealed to him that she was there the day the brother Archaic never knew died. “Hotwire…Sheila, what happened that day?”
“I swore I’d never tell.” She cries.
Storm puts his arms around her pulling her to him, hugging her. “I know but this is important, that man killed his own parents, he beat his brother into a coma, we need to know everything about him to bring him to justice.” Storm relaxes his hold on her letting Hotwire compose herself, keeping his hands on her shoulders.
“It was summer, we were…we were playing down by the creek...there used to be a large tree that hung over the water. We played there so many times.” Hotwire pauses for a moment forcing her tears back.
“It’s okay, you can tell me.” Storm says comforting her.
“Michael and Matt competed like brothers usually do; Michael never wanted to admit his brother was better than him at anything. They used to race to the top of the tree, Matt usually let Michael win just so we didn’t have to listen to him accuse Matt of cheating. But that day…” Hotwire closes her eyes remembering it like yesterday. “Matt decided he wouldn’t let his brother win…when Michael saw him climb ahead of him…I could see the anger in his eyes…he shook the limb Matt was on, he wouldn’t stop even when Matt yelled at him too. I begged Michael to stop…I begged…but he wouldn’t, he kept shaking it until the limb broke.”
Storm squeezes Hotwire’s shoulders. “I’m here, its okay keep going.”
Hotwire keeps her eyes shut, squeezing them tight trying to stop any tears from running down her face. “Matt fell into the creek, the branches from the limb kept Matt pinned, and he couldn’t get himself out. Michael just sat there watching. I tried…oh god I tried so hard to pull that heavy branch off of Matt, but I couldn’t swim…I begged Michael to help me, I screamed for help.” Hotwire sobs into her hands. “They were too late, by the time help arrived…they were too late…I couldn’t stop crying. Michael came to me…he told me not to tell what happened…I was so scared…I was afraid he’d do the same to me.”
Storm holds Hotwire in his arms letting her cry. “It’s okay. You can sit here as long as you need. You did the right thing by telling me. I know what we are dealing with now.” He sits Hotwire back in the chair and gets up heading for the door.
“What…what happened to him? How did he....how could he...his own parents...”
“His brother wasn’t the only one who died that day; a part of Michael did too, his humanity and any good that was left in him.” Storm shuts the door behind him finding General Phoenix standing out in the hall.
“That is why they respect you and follow you.”
“What?”
“You haven’t lost your compassion, your sense of humanity, not like Dune, not like that monster.” She says with anger in her voice having overheard everything.
“Uh, thanks. Can you give her some time?”
“Yes, of course.” Phoenix watches as Storm heads down the hall towards the infirmary. “We’ll make him pay for what he has done.”
“I know we will it’s what we do. We take down the monsters.”

In the armoury of the Serpent Squad Headquarters Lt Graves watches as the newest recruit into the high command picks out her new attire. She grabs a gold spandex top along with a navy and red shirt, a black Kevlar vest, navy reinforced leggings, a belt, black gloves and black leather knee high boots. “You don’t mind do you?”
“Uh, no?” Graves says not sure what she means. He watches as she undresses in front of him smiling the whole time. She then slowly puts on her new gear giving him as much of a show as she can. She asks for his assistance in fastening some of the clamps and finishes off by pulling on her boots and gloves.
“How do I look?”
“Like you are ready for battle. You’ll need to pick out a code name.”
“Hmm…” She ponders as she looks over a series of knives on the wall, picking out a matching pair. She expertly spins them around and secures them into the back slots of her belt. She rests her hands on the handles with her chest out, then walks up to Graves. With barely a warning she pulls a knife out and slides it just under his groin startling her superior. Slowly she raises the blunt end up. “Strike.”

Rattlesnake moves around his lab as Anaconda finally awakens. “How are you feeling? Oh silly me, try not to talk for a few days. Fixing your tongue was much more difficult than I expected. I’m sure over time you should have been able to control it once you got used to the forked tongue. I also removed your fangs and glands that were producing the venom. Interesting mutation in a human. You should have no further changes, but as for your mouth and eyes, I’m sorry there isn’t much I can do at this time.”
Anaconda tries to move her tongue, the swelling not yet having gone down. She watches him intently like she is ready to attack.
“What?” The scientist raises his tinted glasses. New ones he developed that display a HUD for him. “Oh, my apologies.” He scrambles for paper and a pen handing them to her. He watches as she writes, his face going from an inquisitive look to a frown.
The pad has written on it, this still doesn’t make you safe from me.

Medic searches the motor pool having left Archaic to rest. She spots the person she is looking for and approaches, carrying a digital pad in her hand. “Hightower.”
The Joe looks up at her taking him away from the diagnostic he was running on the mobile base exterior systems. “Yeah doc?”
“You haven’t been logging in your physical therapy sessions.”
“Sorry, been kind of busy.” He responds going back to his work.
Medic places a foot just inside the front wheel of his chair and grabs the back of it spinning him around to face her. “That is not what I want to here. Do you not want to get out of that chair?”
Hightower avoids Medic’s eyes on him. “…Yes.”
“You hesitated before you answered.” She places her hand on the small screen on the arm of his wheelchair turning it away. “Look at me when I am talking to you. I can keep you at the base indefinitely or discharge you from duty.”
He looks up at her with fear in his eyes.
“You’re scared.” Medic stands up straight crossing her arms. “You are afraid if you try you will fail and you don’t want to take that chance. You’re right, you can’t fail if you don’t try, but what kind of soldier does that make? What kind of man does that make? What kind of father does that make? A coward, that’s what it makes.”
Hightower looks up at Medic not appreciating being called a coward. “I’m not.”
“Then you get your ass down to the gym and continue your physical therapy.”
“Everyone is busy; they don’t have time for me.”
“Like bull they don’t. Anyone, everyone, on this team would be more than willing to help you and you know that.” Medic walks around behind his chair grabbing the handles.
“What are you doing?”
“Taking you myself, and if I have to I will petition General Phoenix and Lt Col Storm to allow me to join the field team.” She heaves Hightower forward heading for the main base. “Wherever you go I will go.”
“Medic…”
“I’m not done. If you don’t keep up your physical training I will report you to Storm myself, and you know he won’t be happy.”
“No, I just wanted to thank you for reminding me who I am. I am a soldier, I am a father, and I am not a coward.”
Medic smiles at Hightower appreciating how her words got through to him.
Lt Storm
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Lt Storm » October 12th, 2017, 6:13 pm

Chapter 1.3 – Ghosts in the Attic

Manitoba, site of the top secret military base that was shut down years ago by Storm, then later used by the Canada’s Elite foes, the Liberators, as a base of operations. A base that hides many secrets, some of which have already been discovered. The Canada’s Elite field team disembark from two attack choppers, joined by Downlink who is excited to be on a mission. His first since they launched the satellite months ago.
“Alright we will split into two teams, Hightower, Red Dragon, and Target will scout the upper level with Afterburner. The rest of you are with me.” Storm instructs. This leaves Downlink, Red Eye, and Navy with him.
“I can’t believe they just left this place without destroying it.” Navy comments.
“Why? If Singer was successful he’d want this base intact to use its secrets.”
“What are we looking for?” Afterburner inquires.
“Anything.” Storm says cryptically. He ushers for his team to follow him as they head for the damaged elevator and the lower command center. Downlink and Redeye take in their surroundings, having not been there before.
“What is this place?” Redeye inquires.
“Corruption, deception, wrongs that should never had even been conceived.” Storm replies.
“You going to stop being so secretive anytime soon?” Redeye asks with a smirk.
“No.”
“Storm.” General Phoenix’s voice cracks over the com link. “I think it’s time you opened that box and told us all what you know.”
The Lieutenant Colonel takes a deep breath as he walks over to a blank wall near the elevator shaft. “Fine.” He presses hard against the wall as a panel slides open revealing an electrical panel. He pulls a leaver that activates backup generators restoring limited power to the base. His team and Afterburner’s all look around in amazement at the flickering lights. “Years ago, as many of your know already, I was stationed here at this base when I was just a Sergeant.” He steps into the elevator followed by the other three. It clangs and sparks as it descends. “And as you know General Singer was supposed to be in command until I had the base shut down.”
“Yes, that information is well known.” General Phoenix responds having read the reports herself. “What we need to know is why you shut it down.”
“I’m getting to that.” He says a bit annoyed stepping off the elevator after it roughly settles. “This base was going to be a testing ground for…everything. I was given access to every bit of data and what research was going to be conducted here. I believe the higher ups saw me as controllable, that I’d keep what I found to myself. They were greatly mistaken.”

Afterburner and her team continue on down the halls as Storm tells his story, they follow Target who was held in the base for a period of time. He leads them to the research lab that was discovered by the Red Shadows, pausing for a moment near the room he was held in.
“They overestimated your moral code.” Redeye comments over the com.
“Yes. They were going to develop and test biological weapons here, nothing was off limits. DNA research, Captain America style super soldier testing. They also enlisted the aid of a brilliant scientist that was going to be the head of the research department. Her name was Alexandra Delonge…”
“Crimson Rayne?” General Phoenix interrupts. The woman’s identity being revealed after the capture of the Red Shadows and Liberators.
Afterburner’s team all look surprised, not having been told that bit of information.
“Yes.” Storm replies. “Her research was a large part of why I had this base shut down.”
“My god…” Hightower exclaims as they enter the research lab. “This place looks like something out of a horror film.” He wheels over to the operation tables looking up at the ceiling seeing several devices hang including syringes. Across from him Afterburner looks over the vats as Target heads to the work stations. Red Dragon checks out a large chamber trying to figure out what it is.

In the partly destroyed command center Storm approaches a computer terminal that appears to have not been used. He blows the dust from the keyboard hitting the power button on it. Nothing happens so he kneels down pressing the power button on the hard drive below booting the computer up. “That’s not the worst of it.”
“It gets worse than what we see here?” Red Dragon comments over the com.
“Yes.” It doesn’t take long for the computer to boot as Storm enters in his still working access code. “Much worse.” There’s a hum followed by a grinding sound. Discouraged, Storm walks over to an area next to the computer terminals and presses hard on the floor with his foot. A loud click is heard followed by a panel opening up in the floor raising a large handle up. “Everything was thought of with this base, including attacks and power failures.” He heaves hard on the leaver pulling it back. The previous grinding echoes in the room again as the screens on the front wall move aside. The wall opens to reveal a secondary set of computers.
“Holy sh!t, what is this place, the batcave?” Downlink remarks.
“Not quite.” Storm replies. “This base was also a hub for every bit of data ever collected on every single living and dead Canadian citizen.”
“What do you mean every bit of data?” Navy asks.
“I mean everything. From birth records to first car, every email, every bank transaction, any letter that was ever registered to you, photos uploaded online, every bit of data ever entered into a computer or government facility. Even the ability to track anyone, anytime, anywhere, via bank machines, traffic cameras, credit card use, toll bridges, it’s endless. These programs housed at the time, and still the most advanced technology in facial recognition and tracking systems.”
There is silence over the com as everyone processes the information. Storm sits down at the newly revealed computers bringing up files on each member of the team, including personal data. “Everything.”
“This, this is wrong.” Redeye says in awe.
“Very wrong.” Navy adds viewing the information on her. “My god, there’s even what kind of corsage my first boyfriend bought me for our high school prom.”
“Destroy it, destroy it all.” Phoenix says.
“I intend to.”
“What do you mean you intend to?” Downlink asks Storm.
“The programs on these hard drives can be useful for us.”
“How?” Afterburner’s angered voice scolds.
“Like I said, it houses all the information on every citizen, including the Canadian born members of the Serpent Squad. We want to be able to track them, find them, discover who they are, this is our only chance.”

Back at their base the General wrestles with the moral issues this new information raises. Feedback, Fallout, Hotwire, Snow Squall, G.I., Dust Off, and Night Spotter are also in the command center as well listening in. She looks to them all, trying to figure out what to do when she makes her own revelation. “This is where you went when you went AWOL isn’t it? That is how you were able to access the information on Major Fear to verify his claims.”
“No, it’s not. And this place is off the grid so I wouldn’t even be able to access the files here remotely.” Storm responds, not surprised she came to that conclusion.
“General.” Fallout says getting her attention. “You know what we have to do here.”
“Yes I do, and I don’t like it anymore than you or any of us will.”
“It’s your say, this time.” Storm jests.
General Phoenix takes in a deep breath and closes her eyes. Her heart pounds in her chest and her stomach churns. She knows what the right thing to do is here, and she also knows the opportunity they have that hey can’t let slip through their fingers.
Lt Storm
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Lt Storm » January 18th, 2018, 5:17 pm

Chapter 1.4 – Serpents Grasp

The Serpent Squad Headquarters’ in BC, the entire high command all gather in the command center, including the two newest additions, Bomb Blast and Strike. The latter of which hangs close to Lt Graves. Major Fear stands next to his command console with a map of Canada displayed on a large screen that hangs from the ceiling. “Even though Cobra Commander was captured, and Cobra itself nearly dismantled it does not stop his vision.” The leader of the Squad barks. “We will continue that vision and his message. We are not the only ones; there is more who work under the cover of secrecy to aid us.”
Several Cobra emblems appear on the map with the press of a remote device in Major Fear’s hand. “Each represents our target.” He presses the button again displaying blueprints to a device that slowly begins to assemble. “With this we will control the nation. Once installed and activated we will gain access to the airwaves. We will send out the Commander’s message and anyone listening to the radio, using a cell phone or any audio transmitting device will hear his message.”
“A subliminal message.” Lady D comments.
“Yes, exactly. No one will be safe from it, even the Canadian G.I.Joe team. By the time they figure it out it will be too late.”
“You don’t think they will try to stop us from installing these devices?” Vee remarks.
“They will try and they will fail, because if any of you fail it will mean dire consequences.”
“Who’s all going on these missions?” Dune inquires.
“Everyone.” Major Fear looks over at Rattlesnake. “Everyone. You will all be placed into teams with paratroopers…”
“Paratroopers?” Rattlesnake blurts.
“Yes, they need to be place atop structures, radio towers, cell towers, anyplace that houses an antenna or tall buildings.”
“I hope no one is afraid of heights.” Black Vulture comments, smiling under his mask.
“You will all receive your orders shortly, as well as your team assignments. Now get out of my sight.” Fear snaps ushering them all away.
The high command all file out whispering among themselves.

Strike follows Lt Graves out spiraling around him like a love struck school girl. “I hope I get to be on your team. I think we’d work well together.” She says batting her eyelashes. She flirts hard with him, he likes the attention and she can push it.
Lady D grunts grabbing Anaconda’s arm and taking her in the opposite direction. “That woman disgusts me.”
Anaconda gives Lady D a puzzled expression, still unable to speak.
“She is throwing herself all over Graves like child with a crush. That is not proper behaviour of a military woman.”
Anaconda stops, takes out a pad of paper and pen from her pocket. She scribbles on it then hands it to Lady D.
“Why do I care?” She reads. “I don’t care for Graves at all I just don’t approve of trollops.” Lady D watches as Anaconda writes. “Maybe Fear is hooking his buddy up?” She scowls at Anaconda. “You don’t think…”
The red head nods her head.
“Men.” She huffs hoping Major Fear wouldn’t stoop to such a level.

Black Vulture walks with Bomb Blast towards the mess hall to get something to eat. They discuss the up coming mission picking up trays and lining up behind a few troopers. The aroma of slop cafeteria food fills the air, which either makes you hungry or sick to your stomach.
“I hope we run into the Joe’s, they have some payback coming.” Black Vulture says.
“Wouldn’t you want to get payback on the Red Shadows?” Bomb Blast inquires.
“They are all imprisoned, besides there’s a tart on the Joe team that I want to get back at. She goes by the name of Hotwire.”
“An enemies list eh?” Blast jokes.
“Do you not have one? Don’t you want payback for being captured?”
“Nah, just as long as I get to blow a few of them up.” He looks over at Lt Graves and Strike as they enter the mess hall. “Someone’s getting lucky.”
“Yes, as long as they don’t make me lose my appetite.” Vulture looks down at the slop on his tray. “If the looks of this food doesn’t do it first.”
“You’d think being high command we’d get better food.”
“I think that is saved for the highest of command.” He grunts following Blast over to a table and sitting down. Vulture disconnects his helmet taking it off.
Blast looks at the scarred man a bit startle by his appearance. “I’m sorry; this is the first time I’ve seen you since you were bought in.”
“Don’t be.”
“Does it hurt?” Bomb Blast asks, as if he’s concerned for his teammate.
“Only when I breathe.” Vulture huffs.
“I’m sure the medical staff could do something to help you.”
“I don’t want them too; I want it as a constant reminder of what was done to me. Plus I don’t want to become another of Rattlesnake’s experiments.”
“You must have a huge set of brass balls.” Blast smirks.
“The biggest you’ve ever seen.” Vulture jests back.

“I would never take you as a voyeur Major Fear.” Mad Dog says stepping out of nowhere next to his leader, who watches his troops from his command console.
“You are one of the very few who can sneak up on me like that Dog. It isn’t voyeurism, its research. I must know whom I can trust, which ones will work well in a team together. This mission is vital, if we are successful we will be able to brainwash an entire nation, a scale of which has never been attempted before. Think of it, a nation full of loyal Cobra troops.”
“What of those who resist the brainwashing?”
Major Fear turns his head towards Mad Dog. “They will perish. The trick will be assembling all the components on site.”
“I don’t understand.” The tall man says.
“The device is broken down into three pieces, each of which seems harmless on their own. As we speak two of the components are being shipped separately to their destinations. The third component is the command module that is here in the base. Each team will assemble these three components onsite, so even if we run into resistance no one will realize what we are up to.”
“What if someone loses a command module to our enemies?”
“That is the beauty of them, they have fail-safe built in. Whoever carries the command module will also carry a remote device; if they get out of range the command module will instantly incinerate leaving it useless.”
“Seems you have thought of everything.”
“Not I, Cobra Commander, this was his plan, his mission that I was instructed to complete. A test run that if successful will be used around the world.”
“Won’t we have to install hundreds of these?”
“No, they will be installed in the most populated areas, and anyone who travels between these areas will pick up the signal. It will be broadcast over radio, television, every device capable of carrying a signal, and who ever receives the signal will receive the message as well. No one will be safe from our grasp.”
Lt Storm
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Lt Storm » March 2nd, 2018, 6:25 pm

Chapter 1.5 – Forward March

Manitoba, the field team lifts off from the base in the Attack Chopper, Storm in the back cargo area. Redeye looks back at him from the cockpit, Downlink piloting the helicopter. Navy sits on a seat near Storm mentally calculating their distance.
“We should be in the safe zone!” She shouts over the roar of the wind.
“Guess it’s time to say goodbye to this part of my past eh?” Storm jokes.
“We’re doing the right thing Sir, you know that.”
“I do, but it doesn’t make me feel any better about it though.” Storm looks down at a remote detonator he holds in his right hand, he presses down on the switch and watches.
Explosions can be heard even over the wind and whirl of the helicopter. Then puffs of dust fill the air around the base as it collapses in on itself, filling the chambers below. Had they been on the ground, it would have felt as if it were an earthquake. Storm slides the cargo door shut and returns to the cockpit taking the empty seat across from Redeye, Navy following him up and sits on the floor between them.
“You sure that those explosives will be enough? That place was probably built to withstand anything.” Redeye inquires.
“The base was also designed to be destroyed if need be. Luckily I was the only one with the command codes. Singer wouldn’t have received them until he arrived. I disable the security measures and released a virus through the system.”
“Along with the extra explosives I set.” Navy adds.
Suddenly the helicopter sputters, the instrument panel flickering then returning to normal. “What the hell was that?” Downlink gasps.
“An EMP.” Storm says. “Another safety protocol planted under the base. Had the base be structurally compromised it would detonate further frying the data banks.”
“A little warning would have been good.”
“I figured we were out of range, we were, almost.” Storm smiles.

Back at the Canada’s Elite Headquarters, the team begins to disperse as they wait on the arrival of the field team. General Phoenix remains with Feedback in the command center.
“One has to wonder, with all that was planned for that base how did Storm get it shut down?” Feedback says.
“Good question, one I doubt we’ll find the answer to. Either someone’s ethics came into play or he has some very powerful connections.”
“He does, now, but back then I doubt it. There has to be more to the story.”
Phoenix places her hand on Feedback’s shoulder. “You are starting to sound like Storm. It’s done now, the base has been leveled.”
“And we go back to looking for the Serpent Squad the hard way.”
“I know you would have loved to analyze that tech but there were just too many moral questions that come with it. We’re here to protect our country not govern it. That’s what General Singer wanted to do, thank god he’s dead.”
“But what did they take from it? Athena is smart, brilliant in fact.”
“Let’s hope they didn’t uncover all the secrets then.” Phoenix pats his shoulder realizing her hand was still there then exits the command center.

Lady D enters Major Fear’s room finding him stripped of most of his uniform and doing push ups on the floor. “Apparently Rattlesnake did as you asked concerning Anaconda.”
“I never…doubted…he wouldn’t.” Fear grunts as he finishes his rep, giving himself on last heave upwards springing him upright. Lady D hands him a towel from his bed to pat himself down with. “Rattlesnake fears me, I’ve seen to that since the day we met. But like all crazed scientists he still wants to run his own experiments.”
“Unnatural experiments.” Lady D scowls.
“Call them what you want my dear but he does have his usefulness. Take the venom his genetic altering created. We now have a new weapon against our foes.”
“But it doesn’t kill, only paralyzes.”
“Exactly, leaving the victim completely aware of what is going on around them, unable to stop it. Imagine, Lt Col Storm lying hopeless as I slit the throats of his most cherished team members.” He grips the towel in his hand forming a makeshift head, and slices his fingers along it as if cutting an imaginary throat. “Their blood spilling on the ground as the life slips from their bodies.” He slowly releases the towel letting it drop to the floor. “Then surrounding him with explosives, watching as the timer ticks closer to his end…then…gone.” Fear grins.
“Storm wears and excessive amount of body armour, especially with his new uniform.”
“That is why I brought Strike into our high command. She is skilled with a crossbow and small arm weapons. She could fire an arrow through a heavily wooded forest and still hit her target.”
Lady D sits at the foot of the Major’s bed laughing to herself at what Anaconda had said earlier. “Oh so that is why you have been admiring her?”
“Did you think it was something other than that?” Fear walks over to her taking her chin in his strong left hand, turning her head to face him.
“No, it was something Anaconda had said.”
“Oh?”
“She thought you were setting Graves up with her, to get your buddy some action, as they would say.”
Fear laughs. “I have known Graves for a long time, but we are not that close. Her attraction to him is hers on her own.”
“You aren’t saving her for yourself?”
“My dear, I only long for you and you alone.”
Lady D places her hands at his sides looking up into his eyes. “Good.”

Canada’s Elite Headquarters, General Phoenix enters her office securing the door behind her. She walks over to the desk hitting a few buttons on the phone to connect to a secure line before she dials and picks up the headset.
A man answers the other end making sure they have complete privacy.
“Yes Governor General Sir, I am on a secure line and the office is locked.”
“Very well the, report.”
“Archaic has woken from his coma; unfortunately he has no recollection of where he was kept after he was capture. Medic is working with him to see what memories he may have repressed.”
“Repressed?”
“Yes Sir, he was beaten severely by his own brother, who we also learned killed his own parents.”
“Dear god…”
“He is recovering well, physically, better than expected actually. We’re hoping he might remember something that could give us a better idea of where the Serpent Squad is hiding. Our current methods are taking too long. Feedback has facial recognition software running non stop, but Canada is a large country.”
“A needle in a haystack.”
“For the lack of a better term, yes.”
“What about Lt Col Storm?”
“That matter has been resolved, it was a misunderstanding.”
“Really?”
“Yes Sir, he is cooperating fully and following orders to the letter.”
“And where is he right now?”
“He and his field team are on their way back from a scouting mission. A lead that resulted in a dead end I’m afraid.”
“Very well, keep up the good work then.” The Governor General says disconnecting his end. General Phoenix hangs up the receiver and sits quietly for awhile. She did not like keeping the destruction of the Manitoba base from him. It was before his time and may be something he has no knowledge about. With her recent epiphany about what Storm was trying to get her to understand, sometimes there are things they will need to keep to themselves.
Lt Storm
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Lt Storm » April 16th, 2018, 5:54 pm

Chapter 2.1 – Public Service

One Wall Centre, downtown Vancouver, BC, at the corner of Burrard and Nelson Street. A 48 storey skyscraper with a total height of 491 feet, housing a 4 diamond hotel, club, and residential condominiums. The roof is shaped like and eye peering up into the sky. Four dark figures soar over the skyline towards the towering structure. Each of them lands safely, the two troopers stumbling a bit. Black Vulture eyes the two sloppy footed troopers and shakes his head. “Careful, if you don’t want to plummet almost five hundred feet to your death.” He snaps.
“Glad you gave me pointers. So, where is the device?” Bomb Blast inquires.
“It should be installed already; Major Fear said it was sent ahead as part of the satellite upgrade.”
“I see four large dishes here, which one is it?”
Black Vulture looks around. “Which ever one has the device installed. Split up and check them.” The four split up checking the large grey dishes. Bomb Blast checks the one that is more towards the center of the roof.
“Here, this one.” He calls to Black Vulture, who quickly approaches motioning for the two troopers to keep watch.
“Nice.” Vulture unhooks the command module from his belt and inserts it into the device with nothing happening.
“Uh, that’s it?”
“Something isn’t right.”
“Maybe you put it in backwards.” Blast suggests.
“It has a notch on the side; it only fits in one way.”
“Try wiggling it.”
Vulture looks up at Bomb Blast. “I’m not taking a piss.”
“Just trying to help.”
“Maybe it needs to charge first, come on lets go, we’ve done what we’re supposed to do.” Vulture begins to walk away from the device forgetting about the remote detonation device.
“Dude...back, back!” Bomb Blast grabs Vulture pulling him backwards. “You nearly incinerated it.” He grabs the small device from Vultures belt. “Wait a second…” Blast kneels back down at the device pressing a small button on the top of the command module. A small hatch opens which he inserts the detonator into. The device begins to hum coming to life. “Son of a bitch, it’s a power source.”
“It would have been nice if he told us that little fact first.” Vulture snaps.
“Maybe he wanted to see who’d figure it out, go through with it. Weed out the un-loyalists.”
“Maybe. Let’s just get out of here and back to our rendezvous point before someone catches us up here.”
“Yeah.” Blast walks towards the edge of the roof and peers out at the other buildings around them, as Vulture signals the two troopers. “Man, look at all the rooftop lawns. I think that place has a pool.”

Canada’s Elite Headquarters, next to the gym is a large indoor Olympic sized swimming pool, equipped with a 50 foot deep end for dive training. Navy currently occupies the pool swimming laps, wearing a grey and red one piece swimsuit, unaware that she is being watched by Fallout. He sits quietly admiring how gracefully she moves through the water. On her return back she switches into a back stroke noticing him as she nears the edge.
“Oh my god.” She screams splashing about in the water as she treads it. “Fallout, you scared the crap out of me.”
“Sorry.” He laughs. “Why aren’t you sleeping like the others?”
“I like having the pool to myself, night time is the best.”
“Storm said you set quite the explosives off at the Manitoba base.”
“I was just following his instructions, but yeah the place literally caved in on itself.”
“Wish I could have seen it.”
Navy smiles at Fallout. “You want to join me?”
“Nah, I’m not much of a swimmer.”
Navy swims up to the edge of the pool and folds her arms up on it to keep herself afloat. “Are you scared of the water?”
“No.” Fallout scoffs. “I’m a trained Paratrooper and Marine, water doesn’t scare me. Like I said, I’m just not much of a swimmer, not like you.”
“I can teach you, come on.”
“I don’t have my swimsuit with me.”
“So, swim in your underwear, it’s really no different. Not like I haven’t seen it before.” She jokes, reminding Fallout of the time the girls stole their clothes and towels while they showered, only to get caught and have to return them.
“You ladies are lucky we were ordered not to retaliate.”
“I’m surprised none of you disobeyed that order.” She laughs. “Well come on now, strip and get in.”
“You won’t stop until I get in will you?”
“Nope.” Navy pushes back off the wall like she is about to splash him.
“Alright, I’ll get in.” Fallout grunts undoing his belt and shirt. He kicks off his boots, then drops his combat cargos down.
Navy giggles. “Bikini briefs, I would have taken you for more of a boxer’s kind of guy.”
“I didn’t know I was going to be swimming.” His face blushes a bit. Fallout takes a few leaping steps forward then cannonballs into the pool next to Navy. The force pushes her aside drenching her in the spray.
“Oh very funny.” She laughs splashing Fallout back as he comes up. “Nerd.”
“So, think you can teach me to swim as fluidly as you do?”
“What?” Navy looks at him puzzled by what he means.
“The way you swim, it’s like you are one with the water. The way it forms around you, it’s beautiful.” Fallout smiles feeling a bit more embarrassed now.
“Wow, really? I don’t think anyone has ever described the way I swim so…elegantly before.” Navy feels herself blush now. “Okay tough guy, let’s start with the basics.”
“I am yours to mould.” Fallout smirks.

Serpent Squad Headquarters, the command center.
Major Fear stands in the center of the room on the walkway with his arms crossed. Lt Graves mans the command console waiting for word back from their away team when it finally comes in.
“Sir, they were successful in installing the device, it is online and ready.”
“Excellent.” The Major smiles. “Begin broadcasting the signal, set the subliminal message to have the residents donate money to the Robert G. Wesker Research for a Cure fund.” A phoney Cobra charity that was set into place for the Serpent Squad to use.
“As you command.” Lt Graves responds
Lady D comes up from the pit to Major Fear’s side. “I guess they figured out the power core.”
“Yes, it would appear they have. My next test will be Strike and Mad Dog.”
“What about Dune?”
“He has already proven his loyalty to me.” Major Fear turns heading towards the exit. “He did kill his own parents and beat his brother into a coma after all.”
Lady D feels a chill go up her spine. She knows all to well what Dune had done, something that even disgusts her own cold heart. Not like she hasn’t done her own fair share of killing in her past, but they were all nameless faceless victims.
Lt Storm
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Lt Storm » May 21st, 2018, 3:22 pm

Chapter 2.2 – I’ve Been Working on the Railroad.

In Rattlesnakes lab Anaconda sits in the scientists chair as he inspects her mouth.
“Everything looks good, healing up nicely.” He places his small flashlight on the counter next to him along with the small dental mirror. “The swelling has gone down considerably; you should be able to talk in a day or two.” Rattlesnake snaps off his rubber gloves dropping them into a waste basket. “I’ll run the tests on your most recent blood sample to make sure there have been no more alterations.”
“You. Fear. Him.” Anaconda says slowly and carefully.
Rattlesnake looks back at her, knowing who she is talking about. “Don’t you?”
She shakes her head no.
“You should.”

Vee works away in the Serpent Squad motor pool doing some fine tuning on a Stinger jeep. His shirt is now a greasy rag on the floor, though you wouldn’t know he’s removed it with the amount of grease on his chest, face, and arms.
“Wow, you need a shower badly, in a vat of grease remover.” Dune laughs, watching Vee work. “What are you doing anyway?”
“Removing and reinstalling the engine.” Vee grunts as he tightens bolts on the engine.
“Why?”
Vee looks over at Dune ready to throw his socket wrench at him. “It’s what I do. I’m putting a better, faster engine in this jeep. She’s going to be my baby.”
“You do realize it will probably get blown up?”
Vee laughs. “Not with the way I drive, and the armour plating I’m putting on her.” The greased up Cobra watches as Dune heads towards the doors. “You killed your parent’s right, and beat the snot out of your Joe brother?”
“Yeah.”
“How did that feel?”
“Liberating.” Dune grins.

Canada’s Elite Headquarters.
Storm enters the gym showers finding Fallout getting dressed after his shower from his swimming lessons. “You’re up late.”
“Looks like I’m not the only one, and in your official Canada’s Elite pj’s too.” He laughs.
Storm looks down at his grey pajama pants that have the team logo on them. “Yeah, figured everyone would be asleep and I’d risk it.” He leans against the lockers crossing his arms over his chest. “So, why you still up?”
“I had a break earlier and got some rest. Didn’t feel tired.”
“Hey.” Navy shouts into the locker room. “Tomorrow?”
“Yeah sure.” Fallout shouts back.
Storm looks at Fallout with at stupid grin on his face.
“I know you are my CO but shut up.”
“I wasn’t going to say anything.”
“Yeah, right.” Fallout laughs pulling on his t-shirt. “She’s just giving me swimming lessons.”
“Huh? You were a marine why do you need swimming lessons?”
“I got by but I never really learned how to swim all that well.”
“Didn’t know that. Glad she’s teaching you then. You sure that’s all it is?”
“Sir, if you are trying to insinuate that I might have other feelings for her I’d have to respectfully say that it is none of your business.”
Storm puts his arms up in surrender. “Okay I won’t pry, but I can’t say the same for anyone else.”
“Sir…Storm.” Fallout says lowering his voice. “Actually I would appreciate it if this stayed between us for now.”
“Alright, I understand. I like my privacy too.”
“Thanks.” Fallout places a firm hand on Storm’s shoulder then heads out of the locker room.

In the morning the entire team are summoned to the motor pool by Lt Col Storm, not even General Phoenix knows as to why. They all gather between the Mobile Base and one of the QA-ATV’s. “I can tell you are all wondering why I woke everyone up so early and asked you down here. It’s to talk about these two vehicles on each side of me. They are unique in design, unlike anything in current military use. I want you to meet the person behind the QA-ATV and who helped in the development of the Mobile Base.”
A blonde haired, blue eyed woman steps out from behind the big red transport looking Mobile Base. Her long hair is pulled back into a pony tail, she is wearing the team colours with a grey shirt, red vest, grey flack vest, and the standard boots and camo pants with a double white belt and red gloves. “Hi.” She smiles. “You can call me Coyote.”
“After using the QA-ATV out in the field I put in a call to the Governor General requesting to have her added to our team. Coyote jumped at the chance.” Storm explains. “She is an expert in Armoured Vehicles, and an Electronic-Optronic Technician.”
“A what?” Snow Squall asks.
“Google it.” Storm replies with a smirk. “I want you all to make her feel welcome.” Storm steps aside noticing Phoenix approaching him.
“Why was I not advised of this?”
“I don’t know you’ll have to ask the Governor General that, he was well aware that I hadn’t discussed it with you.”
“I thought we were going to work together more?”
“We are, but this happened prior. I guess the Gov Gen doesn’t feel the same about sharing information as he requests from us.” Storm says turning back to the rest of the team that are chattering away with their new teammate. “Okay, okay, there will be lots of time to grill her later. Hotwire, Afterburner, Navy, Feedback if your four would give her the full tour.”
“Yes Sir.” The four say in unison.
“The rest of you can head for your daily training exercises, dismissed.” The General adds. She and Storm watch as everyone splits off.
“I think I’ll hit the shooting range.” Storm begins to head back towards the main base, turning to Phoenix. “Maybe you should think about joining the team in training. It would go a long way to show solidarity.”
“I may, there is something else I need to take care of first.” She watches Storm head off removing a disposable cell phone from her glove. She checks her messages and frowns. “Dammit.”
Lt Storm
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Lt Storm » July 21st, 2018, 6:58 pm

Chapter 2.3 – Fundraiser

Outskirts of Calgary Alberta, at a cell phone tower, Strike, Mad Dog and a trooper climb the tower, their jetpacks sitting on the ground in a row with one trooper left to guard them.
“This isn’t what I signed on for.” Mad Dog grunts.
“You are part of the team are you not? Stop your belly aching and just do what you are told.” Strike snaps.
“What’s the matter, mad because you didn’t get teamed with your boyfriend?” Dog jokes. He feels a rush of air go by his head, a little too close for comfort as a knife bounces off the structure just above him. He looks down at Strike. “Do that again and it will be the last time.”
“Shut up.” Strike leans back to catch her knife as it falls and tucks it back into the rear of her belt. “My relationship with Graves is none of your business.”
“I wish.”
“What is that supposed to mean?”
“You display your affections for him for everyone to see.”
“So, like I care.”
Dog helps Strike up as they reach the top of the tower where the device is located. He attaches the command module as Strike takes a moment to admire the scenery. “Huh…nothing happened.”
Strike looks over the device and presses the button that opens up for the power core. “Try putting the remote device in there.”
“Really?”
“Yes.” She says annoyed.
Dog does as she suggests and the device comes to life. “How’d you know?”
“Uh hello, weren’t you paying attention. The remote is designed to destroy the command module if they are separated. This was a test.”
“Graves told you didn’t he?”
Strike hesitates to answer his question. “No.” She motions for the trooper beneath her to start heading back down the tower. “Let’s go, we have one more to do.”
“Lucky us.” Mad Dog moans.

Serpent Squad Headquarters, Lt Graves informs Major Fear that the next device has been activated.
“And what of the results of our first device?” Fear inquires.
Graves checks their phoney fund raising account. “Eighty percent of all occupants have donated money.”
“Excellent. Keep it up; I want one hundred percent by tomorrow.”
“Yes Sir.” Graves nods.
Both notice Anaconda as she enters the command center in full battle gear.
“You look well. How are you feeling?” Fear inquires.
“Bet..ter.” She replies, still getting used to her reformed tongue.
“Continue your speech therapy. Try singing, I heard you once had a beautiful voice.”
“I haven’t. Sung. In years. How’d…”
“I know everything Anaconda, nothing escapes my notice.” Fear smirks.

Canada’s Elite Headquarters the Infirmary. Archaic lies on the bed staring up at the ceiling counting the dots in the tiles. He looks over at the machines that monitor his vitals, getting tired of the constant beeping. Medic has been giving him a good go over and running tests on him like he’s a corpse she’s reanimating. Archaic pulls at the nodes stuck to his chest ripping them off. He doesn’t have chest hair but the stickiness of them still stung his skin. The machines begin to make new noises with the nodes having been removed. He sits up on the bed pushing the machines aside and slides down to unplug them, his ribs screaming out in pain.
“Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea.” He grunts.
“No, it wasn’t.” Medic says standing in the doorway with her arms crossed. “What do you think you are doing?”
“I can’t just lie here anymore.”
“Oh yes you can, and you will until I say otherwise. You sustained some serious injuries and you were in a coma.”
Archaic sighs wanting to argue back but knows she is just looking out for him. “I need something to do.”
“You can do it from your bed. I’ll talk to Phoenix and Storm and see if there is anything they can have you do.” Medic walks over to him trying to give him the hint to get back into bed. “You can’t go walking around in those paper pants anyway.”
“That’s another thing; can I get some real clothes now? It’s not like I’m going to crap or piss myself now. I can go to the bathroom on my own.”
“Sorry but I don’t need you passing out or smacking your head off the toilet.” Medic jokes.
“I’ve been standing here talking to you and I’m just fine.”
She stops trying to push him and just looks her team mate over. “I really like the colour of your skin. Kind of has this brownish oranges hue to it.
“Don’t change the subject.”
“Alright, alright, I’ll see about getting you back on duty. Light duty, base work.”
“Anything would be fine with me.” He reaches out and gives Medic a hug. “Thanks.”
“You’re welcome.” She pats him on the back glad to see his spirit back but worries how much he’s repressing.

Rattlesnake sits quietly in his lab looking over the last tests he ran on Anaconda. Much to his relief she seems to be stabilized with no more mutations.
“What’s up doc?” Dune says startling the scientist making him nearly fall out of his chair and yelp. “Wow, you just didn’t squeal like a girl?” He laughs.
“I didn’t hear you come in.” Rattlesnake gasps.
“It’s what I do. Say doc, do you believe in spiritual things?”
“I’m a scientist, so no. That said, sometimes there are things even science can’t explain so in those cases, I do.”
“Okay…well I mean like sixth sense kind of stuff.” Dune furthers his question.
“Why, do you see dead people?” Rattlesnake jokes.
“No, but I’ve had this feeling for awhile now that my brother has woken up.”
“Interesting, that could be bad for you.”
“How so?”
“What you did, killing your parents and beating your brother half to death.”
“I’d worry if I considered them family, but to me mine died the day they shunned me.”
Rattlesnake eyes up Dune, wondering what else is going on in that head of his. “I’ve read you file, you want to talk about it?”
“No. I gotta go…do something.” Dune turns to leave.
“You killed him didn’t you?”
“What?”
“Your twin brother, it’s because of you he died isn’t it? You did it on purpose.”
Dune stands silent for awhile before answering. “Yes.”
Lt Storm
Chief Warrant Officer

Previous

Return to FanFic Library