Stickers or No Stickers?

From 1982 - 1994, G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero dominated store shelves around the world. This is the place to discuss all toylines related to the ARAH brand.

Stickers or No Stickers?

Postby ATC-Mike » June 18th, 2017, 8:15 pm

How does everyone feel about stickering vehicles? I have my own set of rules but I've talked to collectors here locally that are very much against stickering vehicles for different reasons. Just curious what others think.

My rules are pretty simple. I only use the official stickers for that vehicle (or repros from Cobra Stickers), I follow the instruction sheet and/or the model on the box exactly, I don't overcrowd the vehicle by using every sticker, I use tweezers for a bit of precision, and I rarely use the GI Joe logo stickers. (This goes back to a childhood thing. My dad would always help me sticker my vehicles and he always leaned toward a more realistic look so none of my stuff as a kid had those.)
ATC-Mike
Private

Re: Stickers or No Stickers?

Postby brig » June 18th, 2017, 9:27 pm

I put them all on. It is part of the fun of GI Joe vehicles. In my old age I have gotten lazy, my three 25th Skystrikers are not sticker end up yet. I also have a MCC that needs to be sticker end up as well. I do put the where the instructions say to. Also have non Joe vehicles I have put Joe stickers on. The Joe logo is pretty unrealistic but I do not mind it at all.
brig
Brigadier General

Postby ATC-Mike » June 18th, 2017, 9:41 pm

One way I do get creative is stickering Joe vehicles to be G1 Transformers. I have most of the crossover sets but I've added a "custom" Sandstorm and Air Raid to the mix, along with my own version of Hound (based on a WWII jeep instead of a VAMP to better match the G1 version).
ATC-Mike
Private

Postby brig » June 18th, 2017, 9:44 pm

Nice! I usually throw the Cobra logo on stuff that looks 15 minutes in the future and traditional military vehicles get the no step ...beware of blast Joe type stickers.
brig
Brigadier General

Postby Shinnobi » June 21st, 2017, 2:46 pm

i will do most of the sticker sheet, or all if the sheet is sparse, on my vehicles, both vintage and modern. Other vehicles that i'm fortunate to find through flea markets, garage sales, etc., that i would like a double of or army-build then i will customize them with various paint jobs before adding some leftover original stickers or repros.

brig wrote:Nice! I usually throw the Cobra logo on stuff that looks 15 minutes in the future and traditional military vehicles get the no step ...beware of blast Joe type stickers.

brig wrote: Also have non Joe vehicles I have put Joe stickers on. The Joe logo is pretty unrealistic but I do not mind it at all.

Likewise, i've added non-Joe vehicles into the collection with both Joe and Cobra stickers.

ATC-Mike wrote:One way I do get creative is stickering Joe vehicles to be G1 Transformers. I have most of the crossover sets but I've added a "custom" Sandstorm and Air Raid to the mix, along with my own version of Hound (based on a WWII jeep instead of a VAMP to better match the G1 version).

i very much enjoyed the TF/JOE crossover sets. they are both classics and joyful reminders of my childhood. i'm happy Hasbro greenlit them.
>>>--- SHiNNoBi ----l>
Shinnobi
Chief Warrant Officer

Return to Checkpoint Alpha - 1:18 Discussion