Power Team Elite at Big Lots

From 1982 - 1994, G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero dominated store shelves around the world. This is the place to discuss all toylines related to the ARAH brand.

Re: Power Team Elite at Big Lots

Postby Goldbug » May 27th, 2017, 5:37 pm

brig wrote:Anyone have any info as to wether or not that hut and blue trooper transport will show up in the states this year?

your guess is as good as mine
there is never any info as to what Big Lots will carry
maybe not the blue transport that is part of a different line M&C Toys have

http://www.mctoy.com.hk/index.php/i/products/0?lang=eng
Goldbug
Brigadier General

Postby brig » May 31st, 2017, 10:46 am

True, that little troop carrier is a on eBay for about 100 shipped. After seeing the review picks with Cobra Troopers I may have to pull the trigger someday soon. I will wait until Sept to see if we get them. That hut has to be released here. mC toys really needs to find another big box retailer to carry these or try to get bbts back on board again. Buy Big Lots seems to have a tried and true selling pattern with this line. It wasn't until the past few years that they even had leftovers after the Christmas buying season on these, they just need to order some different product to go with what they talready order, they have ordered the same items for like 12 years straight.
brig
Brigadier General

Postby Shinnobi » July 23rd, 2017, 5:44 pm

Not PTE news but Big Lots...those collecting the Fairies Collection diorama pieces (chairs, sofas, tables, etc...) that are roughly in 1:18 scale, they are currently 30% off on-sale. Not sure how long or if they will be further discounted but thought you guys would want to know. i picked up a few such as a set with a large wooden table and two large end-chairs for $4.20 (normally $6).
>>>--- SHiNNoBi ----l>
Shinnobi
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby ATC-Mike » July 26th, 2017, 10:39 am

Shinnobi wrote:Not PTE news but Big Lots...those collecting the Fairies Collection diorama pieces (chairs, sofas, tables, etc...) that are roughly in 1:18 scale, they are currently 30% off on-sale. Not sure how long or if they will be further discounted but thought you guys would want to know. i picked up a few such as a set with a large wooden table and two large end-chairs for $4.20 (normally $6).

I was at Michaels yesterday and they had a fairies collection (may be the same one) for 50% off, plus another country style collection (also roughly 1:18 scale) for 70% off. I scanned the pegs for anything I could use for diorama building and I didn't see anything I wanted, but there were definitely some nice pieces cheap if it's something someone can use.

On a related note, I picked up some haunted house village pieces from Michaels yesterday for my GI Joe/Ghost Hunters haunted mansion shelf. There's a pretty decent graveyard fence set and tombstone set that's probably closer to 1:24 scale but it looks great on my shelf (fences and tombstones are all different sizes in real life, so I'm fine with them being a little on the smaller side).
ATC-Mike
Private

Postby Shinnobi » July 27th, 2017, 11:59 am

ATC-Mike wrote:On a related note, I picked up some haunted house village pieces from Michaels yesterday for my GI Joe/Ghost Hunters haunted mansion shelf. There's a pretty decent graveyard fence set and tombstone set that's probably closer to 1:24 scale but it looks great on my shelf (fences and tombstones are all different sizes in real life, so I'm fine with them being a little on the smaller side).

Cool, i'll look for them next time i'm at Michaels. i'm a sucker for playsets and dioramas so finding odds & ends for set pieces is fun. And i agree, some off-scaled stuff can be fudged into 1:18 especially if its backdrop material.
>>>--- SHiNNoBi ----l>
Shinnobi
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby brig » September 17th, 2017, 11:57 pm

Anyone's Big Lots put out new stuff, yet?
brig
Brigadier General

Postby ATC-Mike » September 19th, 2017, 4:57 pm

Nothing here in Raleigh. I checked Sunday night. Still holding out hope that a Battle Command Post will magically appear one day!

brig wrote:Anyone's Big Lots put out new stuff, yet?
ATC-Mike
Private

Postby brig » September 19th, 2017, 7:22 pm

Looking at others posting on other Joe forums it looks like the same old stuff we have gotten the past 12 years.
brig
Brigadier General

Postby Goldbug » September 20th, 2017, 3:56 pm

Yeah disappointing. Mine just had some "new" repackaged stuff. It doesn't matter when they combine 2 previous sets to me.
Goldbug
Brigadier General

Postby brig » October 21st, 2017, 9:40 pm

Mine has the same old same old
brig
Brigadier General

PreviousNext

Return to Checkpoint Alpha - 1:18 Discussion