I will copy you, Goldbug!
- Renegades Scarlett - Awesome! I've been waiting for a Scarlett that I'm completely happy with. I just hope the final paint apps on her head will end up good. Resolute Scarlett looked good at first, but the final result was ugly...
- Renegades Tunnel Rat - Another one I've been wanting! The comic pack one was only okay, and the constantly closed eyes were kinda strange. This one looks fantastic, and comes with a lot of great gear!
- Renegades Ripcord - He's certainly cool looking, but something about his getup doesn't mesh, for some reason. Looks like someone I'll be using for parts.
- Airtight - Always thought this guy was goofy looking, and I guess that still stands. I won't mind if I don't end up getting him. There's nothing really exciting about him in looks or accessories.
- Renegades Law and Order - Looks cool! Can't say if I'll end up getting him or not, but it is certainly a great looking figure.
- Renegades Cobra Trooper - Friggin' awesome. I'm still getting a couple Troopers from the wave that is coming out soon, but I'll also be getting some of these. They look like great guys for around the base 'n such. One way or another they are not to be missed.
- Data Viper - AWESOME. Good lord, look at all that junk he's wearing! It's even more confusing than the Techno-Viper's tools! I think I've got a new joke character brewing....
- Kwinn - Neat, and certainly well sculpted and a long awaited character for comic fans, but I have no ties to him. Just looks like a normal dude to me. It is cool to finally see some well sculpted shorts in G.I. Joe, though! That's new.
- Lifeline - Cool! Never wanted that guy until now. I love all the medical gear! I especially love the little IV and the bag you attach it to. Neat little detail!
- Zombie Viper - YESYESYES. Gona get a few of these. I mean, not only is it a zombie, but it's a freak zombie! Did you see those tendrils that you can replace his arms with? Freakin' zombie with tenticle arms!! AW MAN that figure is so awesome. I love it. I only wish he came with some sorta tube to suspend him in with those pipes 'n such. What a great figure.
Now, for the rest of the show: It looks like figure are just being packaged with TONS OF STUFF. Normally I wouldn't mind, but figure like Shadow Tracker just push the limit. What do you do with all that stuff? I mean, I'm used to not everything fitting on the figure, but at one point it starts to become random stuff. Shadow Tracker came with weapons unique to him, then they just shoved a bunch of standard stuff in there. Then you look at Renegades Snake Eyes, and he's being posed next to that batch of swords (and the sword display stand) that came with Hard Master. Why? Doesn't he have enough already? What's the point of shoving so much in the package? Granted, that could just been there for some reason, but I don't know why unless he was going to come with them. Now, if they molded that special sword from the Renegades series and put it on the stand, that would be different. They didn't, though: it's just a bunch of extra weapons that have nothing to do with him. He's already got a bunch of great unique stuff! Leave 'em alone!
It's not as terrible with others, but you can see a few where there's just a bunch of junk shoved with 'em. It works in some cases, like Scarlett; she comes with the canceled stuff from her jetpack figure they showed ahwhile back (which is awesome, 'cause I really wanted those arm blades she comes with). I just hope they don't keep up the habit of finding random stuff and shoving it in there whether or not it makes any sense.
Finally, I'm kinda ticked about the Collector's Club subscription thing. I really don't think Mattel's subscription is a good idea. I'm doing it 'cause I want those figures, and my toy buying has been cut back a lot (Joes and MotUC are pretty much my main events). I don't think people should be copying them! It's not a good idea! It's only "working" because Mattel said there wasn't gona be any other way. If the Collector's Club wants to start making figures, then go right ahead; just sell them like normal. I guess it doesn't matter too much, 'cause I'm not gona lock myself into any other toy subscriptions so long as I'm in MotUC, but I hope nothing important comes out in their sub. 'Course, I'll just have to ignore it...but it'll be annoying.
OMG I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.
Elena: "Ahhh! The bugs, they didn't listen to me!"
Simon: "You keep talking like that and we'll only see you at visiting hours..."
"More ninjas need to carry abnormally large rifles that serve no purpose but to shoot shurikens twice the size of manhole covers." ~ Gray Fox