Sigma 6 Still Rocks!

The official forum of Sigma6Central.com, discuss the incredibly innovative 8" G.I. Joe line here!

Sigma 6 Still Rocks!

Postby Dusty Ayers » May 26th, 2014, 8:22 pm

So I recently moved and I finally got a little room to get my Sigmas out again. Holy crap, I forgot how cool these figs are. The articulation is top notch and some of the designs are spectacular. Flint, Commando SE, Lockdown, CB Destro are some of the neatest figs ever. They hold their weapons securely and a fig like Commando SE can fold his forearm until it touches his upper arm. This kind of articulation is the stuff of legend. As I look at my modern 3 3/4 Joes, I realize I love them to but they can be so frustrating to pose, unlike Sigmas.

It is truly a tragedy that Sigmas were so quickly dismissed by the fandom with phrases like "Sigma Sucks." They might not be Joe to everyone but at the very least they are fantastic toys.
Dusty Ayers
Major

Re: Sigma 6 Still Rocks!

Postby ndviper » May 27th, 2014, 4:51 pm

I agree with Sigma 6 figures rocking. I just wish I would have gotten into the line when they were in stores. I got into them when they were being clearanced out. I still remember looking at the Iron Grenadier figure at Walmart and deciding to pass. Boy I wish I wouldn't have, I so would of went all in if I would have just picked up one at that point. I have some Sigmas but there are still a lot I would like to get my hands on because they are truly terrific action figures. Sadly it is probably one thing Joe that will never be revived.
ndviper
First Sergeant

Postby Dusty Ayers » May 27th, 2014, 6:28 pm

ndviper wrote:I agree with Sigma 6 figures rocking. I just wish I would have gotten into the line when they were in stores. I got into them when they were being clearanced out. I still remember looking at the Iron Grenadier figure at Walmart and deciding to pass. Boy I wish I wouldn't have, I so would of went all in if I would have just picked up one at that point. I have some Sigmas but there are still a lot I would like to get my hands on because they are truly terrific action figures. Sadly it is probably one thing Joe that will never be revived.

Yeah, I don't expect to Sigmas back. How awesome would Sigma scale figs based on Renegades be? They stylized look would work so well on the larger scale.
Dusty Ayers
Major

Postby Shinnobi » May 28th, 2014, 10:23 am

Dusty Ayers wrote:How awesome would Sigma scale figs based on Renegades be?

That would be AWESOME! A great idea, especially for Sig customizers.
>>>--- SHiNNoBi ----l>
Shinnobi
Warrant Officer

Postby gawd6sic6 » June 15th, 2014, 12:38 am

Ndviper.... I have tons upon tons of stuff that I'd be willing to sell if there are certain things you're looking for... have lots of stuff open.. and a pretty good pile of in box stuff...
"I cross the lines you love to hate"
gawd6sic6
Private

Postby brig » June 17th, 2014, 12:19 am

I can say these are some tough toys, my boys have one ss figure heavy duty. He has been in our backyard for about three years, extreme Texas heat snow cold rain dust storms. He looks great still and his joints have not broken or cracked at all. I may need to hunt them down some guys to use outside.
brig
Colonel

Postby destro » December 19th, 2014, 6:08 pm

still hoping either in bricks n morter or ebay that a bunch of sigma 6 a/t dustys and joe colton/based on the S6 display at their last toy fair shows up somewhere and is affordable :cry: :cry: :cry:
destro
Greenshirt

Postby destro » October 27th, 2015, 12:23 pm

yes S6 still rocks....i also like the star wars force battlers 6/7" in scale....i also have a handful of the gi joe action battlers....now hasbro has just come out with some new lines called the hero mashers...they have marvel, jurassic world, and star wars....i concentrate on the star wars hero mashers...for those that dont know, hero mashers, one can easily pop the hands, legs, heads off and mix n match or mash them...it is being said that there might be a gi joe hero mashers next year when the next movie comes out...just as long as hasbro dont put out 15 versions of se, ss, and duke....
destro
Greenshirt

Postby Viper1840 » April 13th, 2017, 10:01 am

Was doing some closet cleaning and rearranging a month or so ago when Kid Flash commented how cool he always thought the figures were, and how much coolness they still had. It was fun to talk to him and hear what he remembered about playing with them and his imagination nearly a decade ago.
Viper1840
Greenshirt

Postby Dusty Ayers » April 13th, 2017, 9:51 pm

Viper1840 wrote:Was doing some closet cleaning and rearranging a month or so ago when Kid Flash commented how cool he always thought the figures were, and how much coolness they still had. It was fun to talk to him and hear what he remembered about playing with them and his imagination nearly a decade ago.

Holy smokes has it been that long?

Wow.
Dusty Ayers
Major

Next

Return to Sigma 6 Central - 8" discussion